WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT DURING THE SHOOT?
Hi! I am excited that we are going to have a shoot together! I prepared a small guide for you, so you know what to expect and how to prepare :)
I always have a very individual approach to each family. People who stand in front of my camera are always a true inspiration. I aim to make you feel comfortable on the shoot so you can relax and have a great time! Of course, the more relaxed you are, the better the photos!
BEFORE YOU COME FOR A SHOOT
I prepared a few tips for you, mostly based on my observations as a photographer. Please make sure you will take care of what I mentioned below. :)
- If you die your hair, ensure you will have them die before the shoot, so there will be no hair growth visible unless it's part of your general look.
- If you do your nails, ensure they are done for the shoot. It's also nice if your nails match your outfit, but it's not mandatory. I would avoid very vibrant, intense colours as they do not look good in the pictures.
- If you do your make-up, have it done on a shoot. It will make your skin look smoother and full of glow. Please avoid strong eye shadows. More natural make-up will be just perfect. If, however, you do not do make-up at all, that's perfectly fine. You don't have to do it if you don't want to.
- In regards to your hairstyle, do whatever you want with your hair. :)
- Invisible underwear is a must. If you want to wear a tailored dress or skirt or any other part of your outfit, make sure the colour of your underwear can't be seen through the clothes. I always recommend seamless underwear as you can't see it through the thin material. I've seen it before, so believe me, if you see your underwear in the photos, you will not like that. The same applies to straps from your bra or a bra itself unless done on purpose.
- Think about which part of your body you do not like or do not accept, as it may be a good idea to cover them. Usually, many women don't like their arms, especially if uncovered. If you strongly do not like the look of any part of your body, try not to expose it, as I do not retouch, and I will not make those parts of the body look super skinny. I found out that women tend to be very harsh on themselves about any visible parts of their bodies they do not accept.
- Take a hairbrush, maybe some make-up powder, lipstick if you used one while doing your make-up, plenty of water and possibly an umbrella if it rains! Oh, a blanket or sth you can sit on as the benches or even the ground may be wet.
- If you have a beard, make sure it will look clean and tidy. Just like you would leave the barber that day! It will make you look very clean and intelligent.
- If you need a haircut before the shoot, please have it done!
- Make sure your hands and nails are clean and tidy.
- What's more important, ensure your Misses is in a good mood that day. If you both argue before the shoot, I will feel that. It will be awkward for me and also not that fun for you and your family if you spoil each other's moods. So please, only good vibes!
In regard to your kids' outfits, mothers or fathers are usually the best at finding the best outfit for them! As for kids, it can be challenging sometimes or a bit boring to pose, so it's worth taking some favorite toys and snacks for them. If they are very young and prone to getting dirty quickly, an extra outfit will be very welcome.
WHAT TO WEAR?
As it's summer and we are going to shoot outdoors, I recommend wearing summer outfits such as long or short dresses, hats, sunglasses, shorts, and shirts. Please feel free to bring as many outfits as we originally agreed. If you have a package with 2 outfits, bring 2. If 3, bring 3. If you have only one outfit, then bring one. If you don't like changing clothes, the outfit you come with will certainly be great. It doesn't have to be the entire outfit; you can change the coat or accessories only. You don't have to change your clothes at all. However, it will add some variety to the photos. Anyway, I would like your outfit to suit your personality...
There are some colors and clothes I would like you to avoid. For example, sports outfits and clothes with brand logos are not the best choices. Also, colors like purple, bright green, blue, grey, yellow, or other very vibrant colors tend to look bad in photos. This is because they don't complement different backgrounds. On the other hand, colors like beige, white, black, emerald green, orange, red, jeans, and navy blue will be perfect!
As a family, it would be great if you could match and wear similar colors or have similar style outfits. For example, very smart clothes, elegant attire, or casual outfits. I want you to look cohesive yet represent each other's individual styles that you feel comfortable with.
You can also bring a big blanket that matches your outfit if you would like to sit on the ground, plenty of water so you can have a sip if needed, umbrellas in case of rain, and sunscreen if it's very hot!
It's important to avoid a situation where the whole family wears clothes in different styles and colors.
If you need advice on what outfit to choose, you can always contact me via WhatsApp or email :)
ON THE DAY OF THE SHOOT
On the day of the shoot, I will guide you on how to pose. I will give you small tasks so you won't just stand and look at the camera, don't worry. If you want, you can save some pose ideas on your phone and show them to me during the shoot. I am always happy to try something new!
Now, a very important thing about the kids. As they lose their focus very quickly, we will start with group photos that you definitely want to have, and then we will take some more of you individually or standing together in different variations. Please do not force your kids to pose; I've seen it before and it ended up upsetting the little ones, and we really don't want them to cry. I usually run with my camera and chase kids, trying to capture their natural expressions. Try to let go of expectations, relax, and enjoy the time you spend together, and I will do my best to capture that!
The last and most important thing is being on time! Or even 10 minutes earlier. I know sometimes we have a problem finding each other as the GPS shows the wrong place. So please ensure you won't be late, as I may have a shoot right after yours, and I may not be able to stay longer. The later you are, the shorter our shoot will be.
You managed to get to the end!
That's it for today; we will see each other on the shoot. If you have questions, you can add my number to WhatsApp +447716492604 or email me. If you have one, you can also leave a follow on Instagram or find my Facebook fanpage.
My Instagram @emiliaczarnotaphoto
My Facebook Emilia Czarnota Photography
Do we receive the unedited images?
As a photographer, I consider myself being an artist who does not like to show unfinished work. Editing is part of the job. So, unfortunately, I don’t offer all the unedited images only the edited ones included within your package.
How far do you travel?
As far as you want me to! As I love to explore new places travelling has never been an issue. Extra travel costs can be added on top, depending on how far from Barnsley you want me to travel.
When will we receive our photographs?
Editing any pictures takes plenty of time. The more pictures you choose, the more it takes. If it's a small shoot like a family, maternity, couple or small birthday party or hen party, then it takes up to two weeks. If it is a wedding, then up to four weeks. I do my best to deliver the photos as soon as possible, so sometimes, if I am not that busy, you can have them quicker.
Do you require a deposit?
I ask my clients for a £100 deposit if they want to book a shoot more than 4 weeks in advance. The deposit is non-refundable if I am cancelled within 4 weeks before the shoot. The rest of the payment is due 4 weeks before the shoot or immediately if scheduled within a shorter period. The deposit for the wedding is different though is £250 and the final payments have to be made earlier. You can find more under my wedding offer.
Can I order prints and albums?
Of course! All your photographs are provided at full quality with no watermarks, which means you’re welcome to print them away. I do bespoke photo books, photo boxes, large format prints, crystal boards, USB drives and traditional albums. You can have a read about them just above under PRINTED PRODUCTS.
What if it rains?
Everything can happen. If there is a rain prediction but not heavy rain, the shoot carries on as scheduled. I recommend taking some umbrellas and wellington boots, just in case :) Often after rain, you have the best sunsets and rainbows! If the weather is terrible, it's very stormy, windy and rainy, then I suggest some indoor locations, or we may reschedule the shoot however it rarely happens.
I don't know how to pose
First, you must stop worrying, forget everything you believe and think about traditional photography. Many of the photos I take are done while you are not looking! You will be moving around as well! I will guide you the entire time like you would be a total beginner. You need to keep your mind open for the experience, which will be great!
I am too fat, I lack confidence, I am not photogenic, shy and unattractive
We all have our insecurities; however, I believe that each woman can be beautiful and confident with some help, faith and support. Usually, with the appropriate outfit, make-up, and hair added on top, you will immediately start to feel confident and beautiful. What you need is someone who will be able to understand and address your needs. The shoot can help you change and transform in ways you may not believe. Only if you let yourself immerse in the whole experience.
So if you still think it's not for you, contact me first, and we will see what we can do about it :)
Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England, UK